We are excited for the Best of Chico voting that is already underway in our community. It's a great opportunity to show some love for your local favorites. We were fortunate to get 2nd place in the Charitable Cause category last year thanks to votes from supporters like you! If you haven't had time to go online and vote, we encourage you to get involved and cast your vote to support local businesses and organizations. THE VOTING PERIOD ENDS SEPTEMBER 11, 2019, 11:59 PM
The Community Action Agency of Butte County can be nominated in two different categories this year: Best Charitable Cause and Best Youth organization. Both of these categories are in the "Community" section. Head over to Chicobestof.com to cast your vote!
Why vote for Community Action Agency of Butte County?
- In 2018 our Esplanade House provided a home for 95 adults and 126 children.
- Our North State Food Bank distributed 1,394,593 pounds of food in 2018
- In 2018 our Environmental and Energy Services program provided energy retrofit upgrades to 1,158 homes and installed solar arrays on the homes of 12 low-income households
- Our Utility Assistance program helped provide a combined $1,279,014 to 2,582 households in 2018
- In the 2018 tax filing season alone, our VITA program served 1,207 families to help get a combined $1,031,919 in refunds.
- We helped to secure temporary and long-term housing for Camp Fire survivors as well as over 100,000 pounds of food.
Praise for Butte CAA from Our Community
"With the help of the Esplanade House, I was able to get housing, get my children, and fix my credit score, all at once. I am a single father, and am very grateful to the Esplanade House for helping families get back together. With their help, we will be celebrating Christmas as a family again."
"To Everyone at Community Action Agency,-
This has been a very heartfelt joy to find an organization to help us seniors who are on a fixed income. Thank you so much for assistance in getting my new HVAC system as well as wood to decrease my utility bills."
- Janet N.
" The Chico State Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry is proud to be a member of the North State Food Bank. The whole North State Food Bank staff is dedicated to our success and through their ongoing support we have successfully distributed food to thousands of our students who experience food insecurity."
- Joe Picard, Chico State Basic Needs Project, Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry
Go to www.chicobestof.com and vote for Community Action Agency of Butte County in the Best Charitable Cause and Best Youth Organization categories.
We look forward to serving you and our community in the upcoming year!