Butte CAA is committed to disaster response, with a proven track record over the last 50 years of addressing urgent community needs. The thousands of people displaced by the Camp Fire have caused a huge spike in the need for food and shelter in Butte County. Our commitment to effective solutions for these community issues has never been stronger, and the need has never been greater. There are multiple groups and agencies working on Camp Fire relief efforts, so why donate to CAA? Here's what we're doing with your donation.
When you make a tax-deductible donation to Butte CAA, you help provide Camp Fire victims with:
- Extended shelter in hotel/motel rooms to help stabilize families
- Extended shelter at RV parks to assist with hook-up and other fees
- Relocation assistance within the County including deposits and fees
- Relocation assistance outside of County including transportation expenses
- Emergency food assistance to individuals through Tailgate events
- Emergency food assistance to our partner food closets in the six-county region, supporting households that are currently hosting Camp Fire evacuees
- Increased capacity of our cold storage as well as our partners’, allowing more food and types of food, such as fresh and nutritious foods, accessible to more people in need
- Utility Assistance (Wood, Propane, and Electricity), including bills incurred before the fire, and households whose bills have increased due to hosting Camp Fire evacuees
- Weatherization services to improve the efficiency of homes and apartments that Camp Fire evacuees have moved into, as well as for households who are hosting Camp Fire evacuees
Donating through PayPal Giving with your PayPal account is the best way to make sure your money makes the most impact. PayPal waives all processing fees so that your entire donation goes to helping people and changing lives.
Don't have a PayPal account? No problem. CLICK HERE to make a simple donation with your credit card without requiring a PayPal account.
CAA's Disaster Relief Fund at Golden Valley Bank - Donate Cash or Check In-Person
The need created by the Camp Fire is huge. The CAA has obtained $150,000 in grant funding to begin the effort to help families in need. While $150,000 may seem sizable, with motel rooms averaging $120/night (all taxes included) these funds will ONLY cover 1 week of shelter for a mere 178 families.
With over 6,000 families now homeless, this in no way compares to the need. Your donation to the Community Action Agency of Butte’s Disaster Relief Fund will be MATCHED by these funds to increase the value and to make sure that families continue to receive assistance. Your donation will help provide stability and hope to these families.
- Deposit your cash or check directly at Golden Valley Bank (190 Cohasset Road, Chico)
- Please advise the teller that you want to make a donation deposit to the “Community Action Agency of Butte’s Disaster Relief Fund".
Thank you for your kind generosity and for joining us in... Helping People, Changing Lives
- The many volunteers, Board and staff of the Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc